The Serpentine is a do-it-all trail ripper build to last. The ASYM alloy rim has an offset spoke bed enabling it to be built with a greater bracing angle and equalized left to right tensions for a stronger, stiffer disc brake wheel. Add a 30mm internal width for ideal support of fat rubber, and you get a precise handling, mile-munching, chute-sending crusher of a wheelset, still within punching weight. There’s no reason to hold back when you’re riding the Serpentine.
The Stage 1 mountain bike hubset is custom made for Astral Cycling to provide a reliable, strong and light wheelset option. With upgraded speed of engagement, great strength-to-weight ratio and easily serviceable parts, they’re a value-packed winner for any MTB condition.
All Astral Cycling wheels are hand-build in Eugene, Oregon and feature Tubeless Easy rims you can easily set up at home.
- 29" Alloy Clincher- ASYM
- Rim Depth: 20mm asymmetric [ASYM]
- Rim Width: [ex] 36mm, [in] 32mm (Best for 2.0-2.8 tires)
- Tubeless ready
- Weight: 1860g
- Brake type: Disc brake, Center Lock
- Spoke count/ lacing pattern: 28H/28H, 2x
- Spoke type: Sapim Race, Round
- Hubs: Astral Stage 1
- Hub Body: Forged, CNC machined
- Bearing: Enduro Stainless
- Front axle: Boost, 15mm thru axle
- Rear axle: Boost 148mm Boost thru axle
- Freehub Options: Shimano HG11, SRAM XDR or Shimano Micro Spline
- Freehub Material: Forged 7075 T6
Need a special build? We can do that. Contact us for dream-builds or rebuilds and we’ll make it happen.