OYM and COVID-19
OYM has been monitoring the COVID-19 situation to help ensure the health and safety of our staff, customers, and community. We feel the cycling community, and the active lifestyle community at-large, are well prepared for moments such as these. The skills, and attitude, required to venture out on new routes translate well in uncertain times. Still, we ask everyone to be more aware, more courteous, and most of all be healthy. We will get thru this and we will see you on the road again.
This page is being updated frequently with changes to our store policies, hours, and our methods of preventing the spread of ANY virus.
We are implementing the CDC's guidelines.
Currently Palm Beach County is in a state of public health emergency urging all “non-critical” businesses close to the general public. Effective March 21, we decided to begin working curbside with the door locked at all times. Palm Beach County has begun to open. However, our physical location has been incredibly busy. We are experiencing above average repair times, and above average door traffic. We doing our best to prioritize the severity of repairs and will, at our discretion, repair your bike while you wait. This is handled on a case by case basis. Please be patient regarding these measures its for everyone's benefit. Detailed support information is below.
Group Rides, Bike Fitting, and Training Sessions
All OYM sponsored events, rides and training sessions have been suspended until further notice. Bike Fitting will be offered by appointment only.
Our brick-and-mortar store continues to remain operational as a service and repair center to support the general public. To maintain a clean store, we feel curbside service, face coverings, and social distancing are our best defenses. If you find the door is locked during regular business hours, be assured someone is there and will assist you. Knock on the door, step back and we will be with you shortly. Please be patient as we may be in the middle of something.
Don't want to venture out? We completely respect that and encourage you to call us! We live here too, so it is not a problem for us to pick up your bike or repair it on site.
We are also available for digital communication to answer questions and advise on repairs via our NEW website chat (look to the lower right corner!), you can also email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us by phone at 561-842-2453.
- Bicycling continues to be an essential transportation mode for many Americans, particularly those who don’t own cars--more than 10% of U.S. adults.
- People are riding bikes now to respect social distancing protocols. Transit modes and ride sharing can’t guarantee the same protections.
- Half of the trips that Americans traditionally make are three miles or less. Today, as more people work from home and avoid lengthy commutes, more trips are short and easily completed by bike.
- Local bike shops support these essential trips to grocery stores or pharmacies by providing community services similar to auto repair shops or gas stations.
- Bicycling provides significant physical and mental health benefits that can counter the downsides of social isolation.
Thank you from Matt, Julie, Zach and David.