Le Tour de France - 100 Years
Are you as nuts as we are to watch Le Tour de France every night after work? We're not getting tons of sleep, but we are having a great time!
We've been brushing up a little on our Tour history. Here's a few cool facts we learned:
- The first race started on July 1, 1903 from Montgeron, France
- The inaugural event included 60 athletes
- Only 21 racers finished the six stages between Nantes - Paris (471 km)
- In 1910, mountains were added to the course
- Since 1936, Le Tour de France fans have enjoyed paid work holidays to support their favorite riders
- This year, the race will be made up of 21 stages and cover a total distance of 3,404 kilometers
So who are you pulling for this year? Do you have a favorite athlete or team?
What has been your favorite stage so far?
Come by the store and tell us. We'd love to talk "Tour" with you!
As a special thank you to our best customers in honor of Le Tour de France's 100th anniversary, spend $50 between now and Sunday, July 21st (the final day of the race) and get a $10 store credit to use toward your next purchase. Just mention this blog post when you come in to see us.
Love, Peace and Bicycle Grease,
Matt & Julie