the way we see it...

Team Palm Beach Bike Jockeys is Gearing Up for SMART Ride 2014!

Hey, SMART Riders!

It's time to register to be part of all the fun again with Team Palm Beach Bike Jockeys

If this is your first year, here's a tip sheet on the background of this incredible event (one of our favorites!) happening the weekend of November 14th and 15th:

  • "SMART" Ride stands for "Southern Most AIDS/HIV Ride"
  • First event was in November of 2003 with less than 100 riders and about 100 crew
  • A decade later over $5.3 Million has been distributed throughout Florida
  • SMART Ride is the 2nd largest AIDS bicycle ride in the country
  • It's the only ride of it’s size to give back 100%!

What makes SMART Ride so unique is that it's fully supported and designed to allow riders of all degrees of experience to participate. It's a charity ride not a race, and each participant pays a $95 registration fee. Riders commit to raise a minimum of $1,250 in donations. By joining the OYM Team Palm Beach Bike Jockeys, you have a big advantage as you become part of a pool of other riders to help you personally meet (and hopefully exceed) that required fundraising amount.

What impresses us so much about this ride is that 100% of pledges raised by participants are guaranteed to go to direct services. The first 10% Lifeline donations are pooled and distributed to local agencies selected by SMART Ride. After that, team riders choose how to distribute the remaining 90% of their pledges raised. Our OYM team's benefiting agency again for 2014 is CAP - The Comprehensive AIDS Program of Palm Beach County, Inc.

Comprehensive AIDS Program provides and promotes education, advocacy and compassion to individuals and families infected and affected by HIV and AIDS through case management, prevention and other support services throughout Palm Beach County with three centers located in West Palm Beach, Belle Glade and Delray Beach, Florida.

So you see, it's "Super SMART" to join OYM's Team Palm Beach Bike Jockeys!

(As of today, we're in 4th place for fundraising, so let's get rolling). 

Love, Peace and Bicycle Grease,

Matt & Julie

 

 

← Older Post | Newer Post →